A jewel of Vincenzo Scamozzi
The Villa Duodo was built by the noble Venetian family named Duodo on the basis of the ancient castle known as San Giorgio. On the right, the oldest wing dates back to 1593 and is the work of the architect Vincenzo Scamozzi. The front, added in 1740, is the most recent.
An exedra (a large stone staircase from the 1600s.) dedicated to St. Francis Saverio is also present on the left side.
The most important religious monumental complex of Monselice
The villa, which can only be visited externally, is preceded by the path of the Seven Churches. The jubilee sanctuary was designed by Scamozzi on commission of the Duodo in the first half of the 1600s and is made up of 6 chapels aligned along the hill, and of a seventh church, San Giorgio, which ideally closes the devotional path on the esplanade of the villa.