Information

Services and Activities

H alfway up of the Rocca hill stands a magnificent complex of buildings named Villa Duodo. The Venetian villa was indeed built up by the Duodo family in two successive stages on the foundation of the ancient St. George castle. On the right the most ancient wing dates from 1593 and it is the work of the famous architect Vincenzo Scamozzi; the frontal wing is the newest one and was added in 1740.
The villa embraces a geometrical garden dominated by the exedra of St. Francis Xavier, built at the end of the seventeenth century to remind the saint, who stayed here in 1537.

Villa Duodo stays at the end of the cobbled path of the Seven Churches. It’s actually a Sacred Way, created by the Duodo family at the beginning of the seventeenth century to a design by the architect Vincenzo Scamozzi. Six little churches are lined against the hill along the steps, a seventh, St. George’s, at the top, brings the walkway to the esplanade of Villa Duodo.